It's hard to keep such a secret when everyone wonders why you aren't imbibing with everyone else. The probing questions, "Do you want a drink? Are you okay?" are really hard to answer when your reason isn't that you just don't feel like drinking. My facial expressions always give me away. I have a terrible poker face. It was impossible to keep much from my parents as a kid. I may not tell on myself, but if my Dad asked me point blank if I had been (fill in the blank), I would get this really stupid look on my face and BOOM, I was busted. So needless to say, we made our announcements so that I wouldn't have to lie, which I am terrible at anyways.
As far as we know, I am due around June 26, 2012, but that could very well change after a visit to my doctor. My first appointment is November 14, which marks my 8th week. I have chosen to switch practices. The practice I was previously with, had 2 doctors and 3 midwives. I loved 1 of the doctors and 2 of the midwives, but wasn't very fond of the other doctor and midwife. They were skilled, but not as jovial as the others. Dr. Campaigne and Lianne Miller (my favorite midwife) left the old practice to open their own boutique practice. I am so excited to see their new office. Dr. Campaigne was the doctor on call when I had Jensen. She came in about 3 hours before I delivered, because the midwife Lisa Carlisle was a bit worried. Lisa did not join the new practice, which is disappointing, but at least Lianne did. I am very excited to start my visits and see those wonderful ladies again.
I feel fine so far. The only change I have noticed is I am tired and can smell everything. I am hoping that the nausea stays minimal, but only time will tell. I have heard from numerous friends that you get bigger, sooner with the second baby, so Drew and I took the maternity boxes out of the attic just in case my clothes start to get uncomfortable in the next few weeks. Those clothes brought back a lot of memories and actually made me feel better about being pregnant a second time. It's a hard adjustment to go from gaining a modicum of freedom back to realizing that I will be staying at home an awful lot again for a while. I keep reminding myself that it's not forever and once this is all done, I will have two beautiful children to love and share my time with.

No comments:
Post a Comment