It's Monday after a long weekend of obligations. Here's the run down on what I accomplished this weekend.
FRIDAY
I had my 16 week check-up at the doctor's office. I cried in the waiting room from not being able to properly handle stress. This was the first time I met Dr. Campaign (one of the obstetricians at the practice I am going to) and she was a bit surprised at my lack of exuberance. She asked what's been going on and of course, I unloaded on her. She was really cool and I am going to see her for my 20-week appointment. I explained everything I've been doing lately, and she thinks it's silly that I've been so busy. Finally, someone outside my friends agrees with my feelings. Thank you Dr. Campaign. Anways, after the appointment, I had to rush to grab a bite to eat, go home and eat it, get dressed, and leave the house for a Bachelorette party. The bachelorette party would have been fun if I weren't pregnant, but since I am, it was less than fun. Put all of the elements together, party boat, alcohol, people smoking all around me, rocking boat, loud music, exhaustion, yucky bathroom with no running water for hand washing, and nausea, what do you get? A very unhappy and sick Stephi. Don't get me wrong, I'm super glad that everyone else had such a good time, I'm just bummed out because I didn't feel well and would have liked to enjoy the evening. Oh well, life does go on.
SATURDAY
This was an interesting day. I had to go kamikaze shopping for a new bridesmaid dress (the one I had has since become WAYYYY too small and unattractive). So, I got up early after a late night of non-partying at the Bachelorette party and headed out to find a dress that didn't make me look like Mrs. Potato Head (think bulbous). My first destination was Old Navy. I thought I would just see what they had in the way of holiday dresses. Miraculously, I found a grey and cream 60's inspired dress that fit loosely enough for growing room and was still cute. I sent my friend the bride-to-be a picture over the phone and waited for her response. In the meantime, I headed next door to Marshall's and found some super cute work shirts. Heard back from my friend and was given the "go ahead". Headed back to Old Navy purchased the dress and some other things for myself. Hurrah! No more bridesmaid dress stress. I raced home to get something to eat for lunch before we had to get ready to go to another friend's wedding an hour away. I did my hair in rollers, did my makeup, got dressed, got a water bottle, and ran out of the house to Bastrop. We arrived at the wedding just as the bride was walking out of the rec building into the church. Phew!!! Just barely made it. And of course, like clockwork, I got all misty eyed at the ceremony and was worried that I may not be able to stop. The ceremony ended and we headed to the newlyweds' farm for the reception. The reception was great, but it was a bit warm and I ended up sweating a whole bunch on my new hombre dress. Which if you don't know, shows every bit of moisture. It was quite embarassing. The worst part was when I sat down for dinner, the backs of my legs and my tush were sweating, so when I stood up, the dress had this line of sweat from my butt and thighs. Ugghhhhhhhh. Super mega embarassing and all I could think of was don't look at my embarassing sweaty butt. I complain, yes, but I did have fun. It was probably the most fun I've had at a wedding despite my lack of enthusiasm over my sweaty dress. We left around 10:00 and got home about 10:45-11:00. We watched a Metalocalypse and I crashed on the couch before heading to bed.
SUNDAY
Once again I had to get up a bit early to do some chores before heading out one more time. I woke up, showered, got dressed, ate breakfast, and threw in a load of laundry. Then it was time to take off for Liberty Hill to visit my best friend from high school and her husband's family for lunch. Got there about 40 minutes later and had some food that I was not really jazzed about. It was chicken quesadillas and queso with meat. As you readers know, I have been out of the carnivore category since getting pregnant and having no veggies for lunch was a real tragedy (in my head of course). I totally appreciated Stacy for making lunch, but it was hard to eat. This brings me to another topic that I will discuss later. Jessica and I sat on the porch rockers enjoying the semi-cool weather and chatting. It was so wonderful relaxing with my Jessica and chatting about everything and anything. We stayed outside for a while and then went in to chat with the family and watch her two-year old son Logan toddle around and count "I got a one, I got a two, I got a three, I got a four, I got a five". He is so cute! After a few hours I headed home to chill before having to come to work on Monday. When I got home, Drew was watching the Cowboys game, so I did more laundry, sewed on a button, fixed a hem on Drew's pants, swept, folded laundry and wiped down the bathroom countertop. We had some yummy Peiwei for dinner; I had veggie pad thai with tofu. We watched a Heroes we had recorded and then it was off to bed to start another week. I think I must have finally gotten to sleep around 11:00, but had to get up around 12:00 to go to the bathroom. It turned out to be a restless night, but I will survive.
I'm waiting for things to calm down so I can relax a bit more than I have. All in all, I shouldn't complain. We have it pretty good and my friends and family are pretty awesome. It's just nice to vent sometimes and not be thought of as the crazy pregnant lady that should be enjoying her experiences to the fullest. I just want to be the calm pregnant lady that gets to lay around and enjoy the experience without feeling rushed to do something for someone else. Welcome to motherhood right? Isn't that what this is all about? Preparing myself to do something for someone else at all times of the day? Just checking. Wouldn't want anyone to think I was losing touch with reality. So Manic Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday....... here I am:)
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment